See ME: The Invisible Autistic Boy
A true tale about kindness, worthiness, and the power to make a difference
Our first children’s book! Written and illustrated by David; Edited and prefaced by Sandy
What better than a young reader authored by a middle school teacher?!
“See ME” is a true story as experienced by an autistic boy who felt invisible. A peer’s acknowledgement then changed everything, inside and out!
Watch David emerge and transform!
This inspirational and entertaining tale enlightens children about a power they all possess: the power to make a difference. It also encourages embracement of differences—in others AND self—while simultaneously educating about autism.
Various activities conclude the book. The puzzles and challenges empower reflection and application. They reinforce concepts and vocabulary, and they promote discussion to enhance learning.
Ages 7 – 12
“REVIEWS” Sweepstakes! Win these great prizes!
Did you like “Expect a Miracle: Understanding and Living with Autism” OR
“See ME: The Invisible Autistic Boy”?
If not yet read, the eBooks of each are FREE on Sunday, 9/18 & Monday, 9/19/2022!
Help us get the word out!
Write an Amazon review on the book of your choice and be entered into a drawing to receive these 3 great prizes:
- A tote bag with one book cover image on its front and the other on its back
- A lined notebook (8.5 X 6 inch) with the “Expect a Miracle” cover on its front, and the “See ME” cover on its back, including a Petro-autism pen, AND
- A personalized signed book of your choosing: either “Expect a Miracle” OR “See ME”
- Access desired Amazon page (see below)
- Exp a Mir: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRBVGXR (the revised book with the seal)
- See Me: https://www.amazon.com/See-ME-Invisible-Autistic-Boy/dp/B0BDXLYMSJ
- Write and submit a review
- Take a screenshot of the posted review and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org OR private message to www.facebook.com/d.s.petro or Instagram@petro_autism
- Reviews on both books will receive a sweepstakes entry for each review
- Entry begins NOW, 9/17, and ends at midnight (considered 11:59 p.m.) Eastern Time on Saturday, 10/22/2022
- ONE winner will be determined by a random drawing
- The winner will be notified on 10/23 by private messaging on the social media platform or email used for entry
*No purchase necessary. Open to US residents 18 and older. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Amazon. Void where prohibited by law.
Help us get this story out to make a difference in someone’s life!
With proof of sharing the book, ONE lucky winner will receive these 3 prizes pictured above:
- a “See ME” zippered tote bag
- an 80-piece puzzle of the book cover, AND
- a personalized signed copy of “See ME: The Invisible Autistic Boy”
- EACH share on social media = one entry
- Tag @petro_autism or @dfep93 (DMs are welcome) to prove the share
- OR send a screen shot of the share to email@example.com
- Entry begins 9/12 and ends at midnight (considered 11:59 p.m.) Eastern Time on Saturday, 10/15 (2022)
- ONE winner will be determined by a random drawing
- The winner will be notified on 10/16 by private messaging on the social media platform or email that was used for entry
*No purchase necessary. Open to US residents 18 and older. This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Void where prohibited by law.
“Should be in every teacher’s classroom”
“I purchased this book for my two sons (ages 6 and 9) and they really enjoyed it– (they even read it in one sitting they were so engaged!) This book is great for all school age children. It promotes inclusion and embracing differences amongst everyone. My sons have a better understanding of how those with autism may feel in certain situations. I plan on purchasing more for teacher gifts as it should truly be in every classroom!”
Brittany Hall, OTR/L
“A story of compassion and perseverance”
“What an inspiring and therapeutic book! Bullying is an issue that many children face, whether they have an identified special need or not. What makes this children’s book so special is that it is applicable to the experiences of all children. Some readers will relate to the triumphant tale of the boy with autism who was bullied and felt invisible among his peers, while others will be inspired by the message of how impactful their act of kindness or compassion can be for someone in their life. The section on autism is perfect for helping the reader better understand this diagnosis, whether they are a neurotypical child or a child with autism learning more about themselves. Kids will also really love the activities at the end of the book that help support and reinforce the lessons in the book. This is a really joyful and heartwarming read!”
Beth Anne Martin, Ph.D.
Clinical Child Psychologist
“An important story for all children”
“I read this book with my 9 year old son who has had some issues with being bullied. I think hearing about someone else who was bullied and ignored and how they overcame it and found love for themselves really helped him feel hopeful and stronger. This was a touching story about differences, but also how a small act of kindness can make a huge impact on someone else. My son and I both really liked it!
– An important topic for all kids, not just those with autism
– Three sections: The story, David explaining autism, and an activity/game section which was fun!
– Colorful, engaging
– A good amount of text for my son’s age (the book is for 7-12 year olds)
– I think this would be a great addition to classroom libraries!
– This isn’t really a con, but my son and I liked the activity section a lot and he said he wanted to do more! (I thought there was a good amount of activities).”